Filmfare Awards winners revealed yesterday, so I share the Popular Award Winners here for you. To find out rest of the award winners, you may visit Filmfare’s official website.
|Best Actor||Ranbir Kapoor (Barfi!)|
|Best Actress||Vidya Balan ( Kahaani)|
|Best Director||Sujoy Ghosh (Kahaani)|
|Best Dialogue||Anurag Kashyap, Akhilesh Jaiswal, Sachin K Ladia, Zeishan Qadri (Gangs of Wasseypur)|
|Best Screenplay||Sanjay Chouhan & Tigmanshu Dhulia (Paan Singh Tomar)|
|Best Story||Juhi Chaturvedi (Vicky Donor)|
|Best Supporting Actor (Male)||Annu Kapoor (Vicky Donor)|
|Best Supporting Actor (Female)||Anushka Sharma (Jab Tak Hai Jaan)|
|Best Music Director||Pritam (Barfi!)|
|Best Lyrics||Gulzar (Challa), Jab Tak Hai Jaan|
|Best Playback (Male)||Ayushmann Khurrana (Paani Da Rang) (Vicky Donor)|
|Best Playback (Female)||Shalmali Kholgade (Pareshaan) ( Ishaqzaade)|
|RD Burman Award For Upcoming Talent In Music||Neeti Mohan (Jiya Re) (Jab Tak Hain Jaan)|
|Lifetime Achievement Award||Yash Chopra|
|Sony Trendsetter Of The Year||Barfi!|
|Best Debut (Male)||Ayushmann Khurrana (Vicky Donor)|
|Best Debut (Female)||Ileana D’Cruz (Barfi!)|
|Best Debut (Director)||Gauri Shinde (English Vinglish)|
- English Vinglish
- Gangs Of Wasseypur
- Vicky Donor
- Anurag Basu – Barfi!
- Anurag Kashyap – Gangs Of Wasseypur
- Gauri Shinde – English Vinglish
- Shoojit Sircar – Vicky Donor
- Sujoy Ghosh – Kahaani
BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE (MALE)
- Hrithik Roshan – Agneepath
- Irrfan Khan – Paan Singh Tomar
- Manoj Bajpayee – Gangs Of Wasseypur
- Ranbir Kapoor – Barfi!
- Salman Khan – Dabangg – 2
- Shah Rukh Khan – Jab Tak Hai Jaan
BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE (FEMALE)
- Deepika Padukone – Cocktail
- Kareena Kapoor – Heroine
- Parineeti Chopra – Ishqazaade
- Priyanka Chopra – Barfi!
- Sridevi – English Vinglish
- Vidya Balan – Kahaani
BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE (MALE )
- Akshay Kumar – Oh My God!
- Annu Kapoor – Vicky Donor
- Emraan Hashmi – Shanghai
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui – Talaash
- Rishi Kapoor – Agneepath
BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE (FEMALE )
- Anushka Sharma – Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- Huma Qureshi – Gangs Of Wasseypur
- Ileana D’Cruz – Barfi!
- Rani Mukerji – Talaash
- Richa Chadda – Gangs Of Wasseypur
BEST MUSIC DIRECTOR
- Amit Trivedi – Ishqazaade
- Pritam – Barfi!
- Pritam – Cocktail
- Sneha Khanwalkar – Gangs Of Wasseypur
- Vishal – Shekhar – Student Of The Year
- Amitabh Bhattacharya – Abhi mujh mein kahin – Agneepath
- Gulzar – Challa – Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- Gulzar – Saans – Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- Javed Akthar – Jee le zara – Talaash
- Swanand Kirkire – Aashiyan – Barfi!
BEST PLAYBACK (MALE)
- Ayushmann Khurrana – Pani da rang – Vicky Donor
- Mohit Chauhan – Ala barfi – Barfi!
- Nikhil Paul George – Main kya karoon – Barfi!
- Rabbi – Challa – Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- Sonu Niigaam – Abhi mujh mein kahin – Agneepath
BEST PLAYBACK (FEMALE)
- Kavita Seth – Tumhi ho bandhu – Cocktail
- Neeti Mohan – Jiya re – Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- Shalmali Kholgade – Pareshaan – Ishaqzaade
- Shreya Ghoshal – Saans – Jab Tak Hai Jaan
- Shreya Ghoshal – Chikni chameli – Agneepath
Oh My God had been in my “to-watch list” for sometime but the poster of it didn’t appeal to me much. I thought that it most probably was another cheesy comedy movie but hey it was only 2 hours long. (Could be even considered as a shorter movie in Bollywood terms) So I decided spending (or wasting?) my 2 hours watching it last Sunday. Well, I quickly realized that I was wrong… Not about watching it but thinking it was cheesy…
It is the story of a shop owner in Chor Bazaar, Mumbai who sues God for destroying his shop with an earthquake. Kanji Lalji Mehta is not a believer to start with but also he takes advantage of the “religious” people who believe in and practice all the rituals of the religion. (This movie takes place in India, that’s why we mostly see the rituals of Hinduism.)
After he loses his shop because of the earthquake Kanji goes to insurance company but they don’t want to pay out because earthquake is “act of God” and it isn’t covered in the insurance. After that point everything starts going downward and Kanji only finds the solution in suing God since the problems are caused by act of God. As soon as he understands that he can not directly sue God because he doesn’t know the address to send the legal notice, he chooses temples as the opponent for his case.
I should admit that the presentation of religious rituals and the gurus etc. were a bit caricaturised to make sure that people get the point. This also makes us feel more close to Kanji emotionally because we think that he might not be the perfect man but he has a point.
Oh My God might look to you like a light-hearted movie at first glance however it gives some serious messages and make you re-think about your beliefs and the way you practice them. According to me Oh My God is definitely a must-see from 2012.